The CSAIL Reading Room collection includes materials covering many
specific subjects within computer science and artificial intelligence.
The collection consists of proceedings, books, technical reports,
and journals. Some popular magazines and newspapers are available.
(We no longer receive funding to purchase daily newspapers but I usually
pick up the Boston Globe every work day.)
CSAIL affiliates only may circulate materials from the Reading
Room. Circulation is for two weeks with renewals possible
in person, over the phone, or by e-mail. Certain reference materials
circulate at the discretion of the Reading Room staff.
The online catalog is the main reference source for locating materials
in the CSAIL Reading Room. Access the catalog via the WWW interface. Most materials are in the catalog
but many older technical reports and newly purchased books are not;
please ask if you don't find something.
- Photocopier: The photocopier is available for both CSAIL
accounts and cash copies. Cash copies are $0.05 each.
- Suggested Purchases: Suggestions for acquisitions are
encouraged and may be submitted via a WWW form.
- Reprints: Requests for articles not available at MIT
may be submitted via email to the Reading
Room. Try ILLiad at MIT Libraries Interlibrary Borrowing site
- Monday-Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm (room will be closed some days
for lunch break usually 11:30-12:30)
- Journals: Non-online issues are shelved in alphabetical
order in the stacks.
- Books and Proceedings: The books and proceedings collection
is catalogued using a somewhat modified ACM Computing Reviews
- Technical Reports: Technical reports have been acquired
from a range of colleges, universities, and corporations. The
collection includes many Master's and Ph.D. theses.
- Reserves: Materials on reserve
for courses are available at the front desk.
- Laboratory for Computer Science Publications: Shelf-copies
of past LCS Technical Reports and Memoranda are available as part
of the Reading Room collection. More recent reports are available
from: CSAIL Publications
- Artificial Intelligence Laboratory Publications: Shelf
copies of many AI Lab reports are available in the Reading Room.
A more complete collection is available online from: CSAIL
Publications Web Site